|You are here: Home > Fitness & Nutrition Tips > Tone your Backside
3 Daily Exercies to Your Tone your Backside and Butt
Chances are you’ve heard of Curves, Nautilus and the Buns of Steel video. However, if you’ve tried it all and still don’t have a toned back side, you may just need a new approach. Butt toning and thigh exercises are often the most feared, leaving many women with butt flab left without tone. However, with these simple and effective daily tips you can quickly have the best gluteal muscles on the block!.
Butt Exercise #1: Reach Behind Move
- Equipment Needed: A sturdy wall for balance and optional light-weight dumbbells.
- Instructions: Stand a few feet away from a wall, facing it. Place your hands flat against the wall. Slightly bend your knees. Keeping one foot on the floor, lift the other foot off the floor. Keep your knee bent, supporting your balance. Be sure to keep the abs tight, the hips slightly forward and the torso almost parallel to the floor.
- Reps: Start with 2 sets of 10 reps (or 10 on each side). Take a one minute break in between each set. To make this more difficult, hold light-weight free weight dumbbells in your hands throughout the exercise.
Butt Exercise #2: Lunge With A Rise
- Equipment Needed: A stair and dumbbells.
- Instructions: Stand about 2 feet away from the first stair on the staircase (or away from your stair-stepping bench). Hold a dumbbell in each hand and step forward onto the stair with your right foot. Allow your left heel to rise off of the floor, with the knee slightly bent toward the floor in a lunge position. Repeat the process with the opposite leg. This will greatly start slimming the buttocks, glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps.
- Reps: Start with 1 set of 10 reps each day. To make this move easier, you can choose to do it without a stair and practice it on flat flooring.
Butt Exercise #3: London Bridge Lift
- Equipment Needed: None
- Instructions: Lie flat on your back and bend your knees. With your feet flat on the floor, place your arms at your sides. Squeeze your butt and lift your hips off of the floor for a count of two. With your hips in the air, extend one leg out toward the sky. Lower your leg and hips. Repeat the move with the opposite leg.
- Reps: Start with 2 sets of 10 reps each day. To make this move easier, you can choose to not extend your legs. Instead, you can only work on lifting your hips.
A buttocks workout is a fitness must when it comes to overall training. You can quickly learn how to firm your rear muscles and experience cellulite and fat reduction in your buttocks and thigh area. These exercises paired with cardio workouts (or Pilates and yoga) can give you a sexy butt in no time!
Continue reading the next beauty article on benefits of vitamin c